Dynamics 365: Security on the Go?!June 2, 2017
Mobile DilemmaJune 23, 2017
It’s a great day! You are in your office sitting in front of your computer checking on the reports sent by your employees while sipping your favorite morning coffee. The reports were promising. It was easy to understand and very complete. In fact, even the confidential information is included in their reports. Everything is working perfectly with your business. Then one of your top employees goes to you to report that he lost his mobile device and that all the business confidential information is at risk. For sure it will be a nightmare for your employees and definitely you. But worry no more because there is Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Good.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Good- What is it?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Good is a special version of Dynamics 365 for tablets that work with the Good Technology mobile security platform. Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Good is currently supported by Apple iPad and Apple iPhone running iOS 7 or later. Important, you must have Good Dynamics server software and services from Good Technology for you to be able to use it.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Good- How does it work?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Good partnered with Good Dynamics aims to protect your Dynamics 365 data even if the users lose their mobile devices.
- All the data that is stored are encrypted using Good Dynamics APIs.
- Ability to wipe the information remotely without affecting the non-secured apps leaving personal apps and information untouched.
- Capability to control data sharing between apps on the mobile device using the policies set by Good Dynamics administrator. Please see the list of the policies set below.
- Prevent click-to-call: Prevents users from initiating a phone call from within the Dynamics 365 for Good app.
- Prevent click for mapping: Prevents users from opening an address in the mobile device’s native maps application.
- Prevent opening OneNote: Prevents users from opening Microsoft OneNote notebooks from external sources from within the Dynamics 365 for Good app.
- Prevent opening Word: Prevents users from opening Word files from external sources within the Dynamics 365 for Good app.
- Prevent opening Excel: Prevents users from opening Microsoft Excel files from external sources from within the Dynamics 365 for Good app.
- Prevent opening PowerPoint: Prevents users from opening Microsoft PowerPoint files from external sources from within the Dynamics 365 for Good app.
- Require a secure browser for opening URLs: Enable to ensure browser windows launched from the Dynamics 365 for Good app use a secure browser application.
The integration of the two amazing technologies from Microsoft and Good Technology will change the battlegrounds for mobile security.
Please follow and like us: