CRM or Customer Relationship Management can be compared to social media as it has comparable functions: It develops and maintains business relationships with people using relevant and supporting data and keeps track of contact information, accounts and sales lead in one single platform.
Data processing has come a long way. It is not just important that data is gathered, but how data is processed and utilized to achieve business goals. This is where a CRM tool comes into play as it aids a company as a decision-making tool.
Currently, the CRM landscape is highly competitive. However, Microsoft Dynamics 365 just gave them a run for their money. According to www.appsruntheworld.com, “Microsoft readies the Fall 2016 launch of Dynamics 365, its next-generation Cloud CRM and ERP that shares a common data model with its popular Office 365, optimizing experience for hundreds of millions of Office users and improving their workflow in the enterprise.”
So how does an organization decide which CRM to use? Is one really better than the other? Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Salesforce have more similarities than differences so one has to consider these three major factors in order to come up with a decision.
What offerings Microsoft Dynamics 365 have that makes it such an awesome tool? Here are some of its features worth looking into:
- Flexibility– users will now have more capability in terms of customization to tailor fit their business needs without solely depending on one programming language. Not only that, there is a wide network of trusted partners they can work with for support.
- Overall Cost – Most online reviews from experts agree that in terms of cost, Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers competitive, if not lesser pricing thus more value for money. Since COST is EVERYTHING to a company, it is worthwhile to consider that it a good investment in the long run.
- Implementation – Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers more options for deployment from private hosting to cloud platform options. Talk about value for money and allowing a wider reach to key sales prospects.
It is also worth mentioning the integration of Outlook and other Microsoft technologies as well as with LinkedIn. Being a Microsoft product is an added bonus, as it can seamlessly integrate itself into the bundle; this means that it can deliver endless possibilities to the user as well as a more positive user experience.
Does Salesforce offer the same awesome features? Yes and No.
Being the innovator has its own disadvantage, as the competition works harder to ensure that they are one step ahead to gain the foothold. This is what happened in the case of Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Salesforce has been the award-winning CRM software over the years. Its game-changing technology offers top-notch solutions to businesses as well as simplifying their business processes. Compared to Microsoft Dynamics 356, Salesforce has limited itself to one type of deployment and limited customization options, not to mention the hidden costs for add-ons. But Salesforce does have its strong points that make the user think twice before switching to the competition.
- Flexibility – The addition of external business solutions of major CRM, sales, and accounting solutions make it easier to close on lead sales and mobile access using Android and iOS allows the user to work on opportunities, log in calls and reply sales leads on the go.
- Overall Cost– based on reviews, Salesforce costs more; and its main offering includes only sales force automation and on a cloud solution only plus they charge add-ons. Although cost plays a major role in decision making, it should be relative when it comes to your company’s needs. Sometimes cost may be justified depending on the size of your organization and your budget, as well as value for your money.
- Implementation – Salesforce assures fast deployment compared to other CRM tools thus giving also a faster return on their investment. Sure, it works only on a cloud or Saas model but since it is using its own programming language, any addition or changes to the system is made more efficient. Its simplified customization also allows even the most non-technical users adapt easily.
Undoubtedly, both CRM giants exceed our expectations; a friendly competition but a very close one. So to decide which one is best for your company, you may want to ask yourself these questions first:
- Cost efficiency – which one will cost you less in a 5-year maintenance? If it is expensive does it mean that is has better quality? Not necessarily. In terms of company spending, consider which tool can give you more value for money at the same time boosting sales and productivity.
- Customer service and support – what are the services included for support when you sign up for the service. Check if they charge for additional support and if they do, determine the extent of support they offer and see if it matches your needs.
- Innovation – Which company offers the ability to new features and improvements to the system without necessarily having to pay for an upgrade? Which company works best on improving the customer experience?
- User Experience – Do free trials on these tools and explore to see which gives you a more positive experience. User interface and easy navigation should be one of the top priorities.
With all the advances in technology, having to decide which CRM tool is better can make your head spin. But whether you are a company that’s just starting out, and prioritizing cost; or if you are an existing businesses wanting to have a change in management direction, the decision will always come down to which tool can tailor fit your company needs and can effectively deliver a healthy bottom-line – and that’s what Microsoft Dynamics 365 aims to achieve for your company in this digital age, you want a CRM that is innovative, affordable and accessible everywhere you go. It is the future.
IT Architects, Inc. (ITA) is a Microsoft Certified Partner delivering expert Dynamics CRM services by talented IT professional in leading the creation of Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.
We are here to help! Visit us at http://itarchies.com/ for more information:
Please follow and like us: